Friday, July 9, 2010 at 10:36 PM
Goodbye Paris, we had a great time here. Today we embark on a train to Brussels, the promised land for beer. And mussels and fries I think. The last two days in Paris were spent touring art museums (d'Orsay and Louvre), and then having lazy dinners. The museum d'Orsay had mostly impressionist and post-impressionist pieces, which I really enjoy. Unfortunately, I have no pictures from d'Orsay because of a no camera rule.

I've always liked impressionist painting, because of the feeling I got from staring at them. Rather than needing to look at the details, I could just sort of zone out, and enjoy the entire scene. That's the whole point of impressionist pieces, is to capture the "impression" of a scene, rather than include all the details. A classic example would be Monet's Lady with a Parasol. You focus more on the feeling of light and colors present. It's very enjoyable for me, rather than staring at lines of perspective and painting technique or whatever.

Monet's Lady with Parasol. I think it particularly impresses a sunny, windy day.

Our last dinner took place at that magical restaurant again. The food, the wine, the magical waitress lady, the company, it was all awesome. I think I'm in love. No photos again..because I guess I'm lazy? Also there weren't anything new.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Howitzer | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com | Distributed by Deluxe Templates